Tuesday 18 October 2016

SHUTTER ISLAND

SHUTTER ISLAND (2010) 

Directed by: Martin Scoresese




Shutter Island (2010) by far,  is one of the best old school thriller movies I have seen in a very long time. The film definitely keeps your attention the entire time and leaves you mind blown at the end as you're still trying to process the crazy plot twist that you never expected. 

Not only does the film has a great storyline but it also has the hottest actor in it... Leonardo DiCaprio! who by the way is an amazing actor who only got an Oscar recently which makes no sense to me as to why his Oscar award was so delayed, like come on Hollywood get your stuff together! Anyway back to Shutter Island.  This film directed by Martin Scorsese is set in 1954 and follows the journey of a U.S. Marshal; Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) who is assigned to an investigation over a missing person from the Ashecliffe Hospital (mental asylum). As Teddy Daniels continues his search, he becomes suspicious of the doctors. Slowly Teddy starts to doubt his own sanity as the storyline progresses which leads to the massive plot twist that makes you sit on the edge of your seat and stare at the screen with your mouth wide open saying... "WHHHATTT?!" I know this because that it is word for word how I reacted when the plot twist happened. Even now when I'm typing this I still thinking about how great that plot twist was. So great that I'm sitting here typing a review for you, in hopes that  you'll watch this amazing film. I know I will definitely be watching it again and again, so please join me and watch the film and tell me how you like it and parts you don't like, I'm interested to hear what you think... about one of my favourite thrillers. 

Trailer





Jan Chen (44558058) 

Z, J. (2016). Movie Review: 'Don't breathe' (2016). [image] Available at: https://houseofgeekery.com/2016/09/15/movie-review-dont-breathe-2016/ [Accessed 11 Oct. 2016].

No comments:

Post a Comment